March 28, 2012

Pink Dot Ombre Manicure

Happy Wednesday all! I hope you are all having a great hump day!

For this manicure I was inspired by a friend of mine, Lindsey, over at Neverland Nail Blog. You can see what I was inspired by, by clicking here.

With this mani, I wasn't too happy about it. After I did it I went and re-looked at her post, and realized a few things. 1.) I should have used different pinks that weren't so close. 2.) I should have spaced them out. 3.) I need more practice with my dotting tool.

I used three coats of China Glaze - Shocking Pink (Neon) for my base color. Then I took Zoya - Jolene as my bottom two rows of dots (the ones near my tips). Then I took O-P-I - I'm Indi-A Mood For Love as my middle two rows of dots. Then I took Zoya - Dana as my last rows of dots. I wasn't happy with it so I took two coats of Confetti - Ice Ice Baby to add a little sparkle. Then topped with Seche Vite. What do you think?

No flash
And a closer upper :-) You can "kind of" see the different colors....

2 comments: